Posted: September 2021
Division: High Speed Doors
Union Industries are the market leading Employee Owned manufacturer of bespoke High Speed Doors and we are looking to hire a hard-working and skilled Fitter to join our team here at Leeds.
This position will suit a multi skilled person who has a natural ability to work well with their hands, are comfortable using power tools, are a practical thinker with good attention to detail to join our team in our Assembly Shop.
Key Job Requirements:
• Door preparation including; drilling, tapping, wiring and assembling our full range of High Speed doors and other products within our manufacturing scope
• Assembly fitting of High Speed Doors in our Finishing Shop
• Read and interpret project drawings and other written instructions correctly to perform task in hand
• Inspecting fabricated components to ensure that they are the correct size
• Collaborate with other Team member on all projects to meet customer deadlines
• Previous experience of mechanical assembly wiring (would be advantageous but not essential)
Key Skills Requirements:
• Experience working with power tooling
• Team player with a positive can-do attitude, good communicator, and organisation skills
• Carrying out all works to a high standard whilst complying with all relevant health and safety requirements
• Good written, verbal, mathematical and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication, time management and strong problem solving skills
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Keeping accurate time records of all work undertaken
• A full driving licence
Hours of work - 39 per week: Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 4pm & Friday 7:30am - 3pm.
Plus overtime at time and a half, as and when dictated by workload.
Hourly rate: £10.54 per hour.
Plus, the following company benefits:
- 7% company pension contribution (employee non-contributory pension scheme)
- Annual Company-wide tax-free Employee Ownership Bonus scheme (non-guaranteed, however this has been £3,600 per year, for the last 3 years)
- 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) plus an additional Birthday holiday
- Extra two half days holidays are given on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Company share scheme with an annual dividend (dependent on company performance)
If you are looking for a new and challenging role, then send your application in writing along with your current CV to:
Mr Shaun Hannan – Production Coordinator
Union Industries, Angel’s Wing, Whitehouse Street, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1AD
or via email by clicking 'Apply now' below.
No agencies please.