Panel Wirer / Door Finisher
Posted: September 2021
Salary: £21,375 per annum
Division: High Speed Doors
Closing date: 29.10.21
Union Industries are the market leading Employee Owned manufacturer of bespoke High Speed Doors and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a dual role split between our Electrical Room and Finishing Shop to join our team here at Leeds.
This position will suit a multi skilled worker who can work well with their hands with a background in panel wiring and mechanical fitting experience would be advantageous.
Key Job Requirements:
• Wiring of panels, motors, dehumidifiers and various other components
• Read and interpret circuit wiring diagrams
• Inspecting, testing, and troubleshooting faults
• Cable end termination experience including crimping, wire splitting and soldering
• Assembly fitting of Hi speed doors in our Finishing Shop
• In exceptional circumstances, our in-house employees will be called upon to attend customer sites to undertake
maintenance or repair work
Key Skills Requirements:
• Experience and knowledge in panel assembly and wiring
• Experience working with power drilling and tapping tools
• Team player with a positive can-do attitude, good communicator, and strong problem-solving skills
• Able to work independently as well as in a team
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Keeping accurate job records
• Basic I.T. skills are preferred, i.e., Excel, Word
• A full clean driving licence
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 4pm & Friday 7:30am - 3pm.
The candidate must be willing to work overtime as and when dictated by workload.
Salary is £21,375 per Annum
Plus, the following company benefits:
- 7% company pension contribution (employee non-contributory pension scheme)
- Annual Company-wide tax-free Employee Ownership Bonus scheme (non-guaranteed, however this has been £3,600 per year, for the last 3 years)
- Enhanced holidays package comprising; 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) plus an additional Birthday holiday
- Extra two half day holidays are given on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Company share scheme with an annual dividend (dependent on company performance)
If you are looking for a new and challenging role, then send your application in writing along with your current CV to:
Mr Shaun Hannan – Production Coordinator
Union Industries, Angel’s Wing, Whitehouse Street, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1AD
or via email by clicking 'Apply now' below.
No agencies please.
Closing date: 29.10.21