Posted: 11 June 2018
Salary: Dependent on experience
Accounts Assistant Role:
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth running of all finance matters.
- Routine operation of monthly and weekly payroll using Sage payroll (including all HMRC returns)
- Processing of monthly sub-contractor payments (including returns to HMRC)
- Ensuring Union complies with all pension legislation including assessments and liaising with our pension advisors
- Cash Book entries
- Bank and Petty Cash payments and reconciliations
- Maintenance of weekly cash flow statement
- Reconciliation of monthly credit card statements
- Preparation & submission of Applications for Payment
- Sales & Purchase Ledger:
Generating sales invoices, processing payments
Processing and paying purchase invoices
- Credit control
- Journal entries
- Prepayments and Accruals
- Assist with preparation of Management and Annual accounts
- VAT returns, Irish VAT returns, EC Sales Lists
- Other finance and admin tasks as required
The ideal applicant will have Sage Accounts and Sage Payroll experience, along with excellent Excel skills.
They must be reliable and well organised, with strong attention to detail and happy to carry out routine tasks to a high standard and meeting deadlines.
The accounts department operate a rolling team structure where key rolls pass between team members. This ensures all team members are well versed in the key activities and allows for better cover at times of holiday or illness.
Finally they must be a strong team player – they will be part of a small but essential team of 4 and be expected to do any and all accounts duties as required.
Full time role 39 hrs/wk
8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday (with 1 hr early finish either Thu or Fri)
If you are looking for a new and challenging role, then send your application in writing along with your current CV to:
Elaine Harper - Finance Manager
Union Industries, Angel’s Wing, Whitehouse Street, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1AD
or via email by clicking 'Apply now' below.
No agencies please.