Posted: 28 November 2016
Salary: circa £25K, depending on experience
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual with a great work ethic and a “can do” attitude.
The role will provide resource for different departments and the role holder is expected to establish and maintain outstanding levels of communication across the company. Whilst full training will be given a working knowledge of MS office programs as well as a general Engineering understanding, including the ability to read drawings, is essential. The role may also involve working on site so an understanding of the Construction Industry practices and procedures, as well as appropriate certification, would be advantageous.
This role will report to the Production Planner, and initially be centred on learning the planning and coordination role. At a later date the role may be expanded to include some, or all, of the following duties.
Supporting the Sales Department
For Multi Door contracts (circa 4 doors and above – initially)
• Reviewing incoming orders and sub-contract orders to ensure all information is correct. Resolving omissions and ambiguities and identifying areas of conflict with our normal business terms.
• Site visits to view openings for any conflicts and do dimension checks (if doors are being produced from approved drawings).
• Attending design, project and progress meetings.
• Sending door proposal drawings & chasing up for written approval.
• Site visits to assess the build progress, and adjust installation dates accordingly.
• Site surveys where required.
General Sales Support.
• Chasing up by phone & email for details from end users, architects and contractors outstanding order details.
Providing support for the Production Coordinator including
• Issuing works instructions
• Collating costings
• Checking manufacturing drawings
• Maintaining production records.
Supporting the Installations Department
• Completing PQQs
• Generating Risk Assessments, Method Statements and H&S information.
• Co-ordinating Subcontractors when required.
Salary is circa £25K, depending on experience.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 5pm & Friday 8:30am - 4pm.
The salary is circa £25k per Annum plus non-contributory Pension Scheme.
24 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays) plus an additional Birthday holiday.
Annual Company-wide tax-free Employee Ownership Bonus scheme (non-guaranteed).
If you are looking for a new and challenging role, then send your application in writing along with your current CV to:
Mr Anthony Metcalfe - Operations Director
Union Industries, Angel’s Wing, Whitehouse Street, Hunslet, Leeds LS10 1AD
or via email by clicking 'Apply now' below.
No agencies please.